1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp almond extract
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Mix together oil, sugar and
2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing
3. In another bowl sift together
the next 4 ingredients (flour thru baking powder)
4. Combine flour mixture and sugar
mixture; add nuts.
5. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Divide dough into 2 rods.
8. Grease cookie sheet and bake at
350 degrees for 30 minutes.
9. Slightly cool and slice into
1/2-inch or 1/4-inch slices; lay each slice flat on the cookie sheet close
together and bake again for 15 more minutes.
Makes about 48 or more cookies.